A lot of 'new' things and firsts are happening around here.
1. I am now off of crutches! Yeah!!!! HATE those things. But now there is more pressure on the injured leg, so it hurts more after those long days of school :(
2. Adam's job is off and running. He finished his first full month there and he's really enjoying it. He now has clients (which makes him one happy camper) and he is really getting into the groove of the company.
3. I took my first steps without my boot this week. I honestly feel like a 1 year old again (or maybe Bambi on ice :), but it's the little things that make you happy. Steps (unassisted) are a big deal around here.
4. Adam had his first school year in 4 years where he wasn't drug to an elementary school for long hours of helping me :) I had some absolutely AMAZING friends come through for me to assist with the set up. Adam was working LONG hours and I had crutches, so my angels from above stepped in and made a miracle happen.
5. I had my first day of school.... Gulp... I know it's my 4th year of teaching, but honestly I get nervous EVERY year. I get so anxious with meeting parents, figuring out the little personalities of my students, and then making sure it all runs smoothly. And THIS year had the leg pain added in, so I was pretty anxious. We are still in the 'Honeymoon' stage of the school year, but this class is going to be really great. A lot of funny and sweet kids.
6. For the first year since we've been married, we didn't get to go the the beach or have a travel crazy summer. I have mixed emotions on this one, but it makes me think of other possibilities now... For instance, my amazing cousin Kalee is now in Belgium playing professional basketball, and who WOULDN'T want to drop in on her?
7. This past little while is the first time in over 3 years that I haven't been through a crazy emotional rollercoaster every month when we find out we're not pregnant. In-vitro will be stinking expensive and I know it sounds weird, but it's been great to have that weight off my shoulders the past little while. All the 'what-ifs' and 'should I be doing more' are gone. Now we've got to get the money....
It's been pretty crazy around here with Physical Therapy appointments scheduled around our work days, and life crammed in around all of that. But we're doing pretty dang good. Life is a blessing. I ran into one of my all-time favorite quotes today. It always makes me happy - "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt. All I can say is "Amen, Eleanor." :)