Monday, August 31, 2009

School days = Sick days.....

Well, we are right back in the thick of things! Adam is constantly busy with his school schedule and his practicum... matter of fact, where is that husband of mine? He has been in trainings until 9:00pm almost every night the past 2 weeks. Bless his heart! He is doing well though and really enjoying his practicum work. He loves the agency and the help it gives to various families.

I am in my 3rd week of school and didn't waste ANY time in getting sick ;) I have NEVER gotten sick so much in my life, until I became a teacher.... those little germ carriers ;) So I am now battling a vicious, vicious cold.

My class is great though and I am enjoying the school year so far. I really do love teaching 3rd grade! They still love their teacher, but I don't have to wipe any noses ;) A great new thing this year is that my students last year get to come back and visit. I have LOVED this!! Last year, I moved schools, so I knew I would never get to see them again (my heart broke). But this year I get to see them every day. They have been stopping in the classroom and keeping me updated on their lives and experiences in 4th grade. I do miss those kids and honestly you can't beat their thoughtfulness. The future is bright with this next generation.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Sorry you got sick - wait til you have kids then you get sick every other week! Hope you have a fun year.

TPlayer said...

It's funny how different our perspectives are regarding the brightness of the future generation.. My job doesn't bring such "light" to the picture---sadly! (But I still love those kids regardless, right?!) I guess my hope for the future is what keeps me doing what I'm doing

Miller Family said...

Hi we are also sorry we didn't get to see you guys. So you are getting sick all the time! I know how that is.Here the swine flu is pretty bad and because we work as teachers I'm always a little afraid of what the little germ carriers might have.
But explain something to us what is practicum work(Clint didn't know either) Well,we are happy to know you guys are doing good, keep us posted.

Carolina said...

aw, it's so nice to have students like those! :) I'm sorry you haven't been feeling that well, that feeling is so annoying to me (!). I hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for your posts on the blog! :) I've started my first time ever at a school (first real solo)... so we'll see! English teacher for all 5th and 6th grade classes (it'll be interesting -lots of work, I'm sure!) . Muchos abrazos, espero que estés mejor!
xoxo

Zinser Photography said...

It takes a special person to be a teacher. When I was taking school pictures, I couldn't hardly stand to be with the kids for the few seconds it took to take their picture. Not really though. but honestly there were quite a few that I would have liked to wring their necks.