Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Grand Canyon

As mentioned in previous posts, Adam and I LOVE to travel. It's in our very blood and has led to many wonderful and amazing adventures in the past 5 years. Adam was feeling a little anxious to hit the open road over Labor Day weekend so we looked at our Bucket List and found something that was within our price range. The Grand Canyon was the lucky winner :) I was a little nervous because of my walking boot, but there were still plenty of trails and sights for me to hobble around to.

A big bug that welcomed us. I have NEVER seen a beetle this big!




Complete bliss





Our view while eating lunch. Amazing, right?




Livin' on the edge




Cutsie couple shot :)











I LOVED this adventure and I'm SO grateful for our get-away. This summer wasn't full of fun traveling like some in the past, so it felt refreshing to sneak in a quick trip. We also want to send out a HUGE thanks to my sister's In-laws the Stouts. They were amazing and let us stay with them while we were traveling around. A perfect end to 'One Crazy Summer' :)

6 comments:

Kristi said...

I have been wanting to go to the North Rim for years. I finally got to go to the south rim two springs ago, but it was such a quick trip we were there for only a couple of hours. So I don't feel like I really ever went. I am glad you were able to go somewhere to scratch your travel itch!

Faiver and Andrea said...

That sounds like so much fun! It makes me wanna go travel too :)

tawnya said...

I never knew there were SMALLER beetles until I moved here!

Therol's Life!!!!!!!!!!! said...

It looks like you had a great time. I am glad you were able to get out and go on a little adventure!! I hope all is well with you and Adam, know that I love ya tons and hope all is well!!

Michelle said...

We are glad that you had fun. Now that you have scouted out the way, let's get grandpa to do a Grand Canyon trip with just the family! You get it going and we will follow your travel itch! Love ya sis!

Melinda said...

I'm glad you are out traveling! I wish we had done more trips before we started having kids, it makes it sooo much harder. Have fun! I hope your foot is feeling better.