Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Catch Up

Yup. I have really lost the thread of blogging.... It's so lame to say 'we're busy', but the truth can sometimes be boring :) The biggest news was that we heard back from the Miracle Fund people... WE WERE APPROVED!!!! (we then promptly left on our trip to Cancun, which is why this news wasn't reported sooner :) It happened like this...

I came home from work a little while ago and was on the phone with my sister. I dropped my stuff down and noticed a letter on the table from the University of Utah. I did a double-take and realized the letter was very inconspicuous and only one page (having applied to a couple of colleges/programs in my lifetime, I thought 'Oh, crap'. EVERYONE knows a thin letter is NOT a good sign...) I glanced over it, while my sister dealt with her 18 month old son chewing her out for letting a balloon float out of the car (ps. I LOVE my niece and nephews! :). Nothing jumped out at me, so I went back and started reading the whole letter. 10 very short sentences latter, and I was screaming and hollering to Adam. I ran over to him and yelled, "Is this for real?!" He started laughing and said, "I think so!" I hollered at Tasha to hold on a min and then went tearing through the house laughing, crying, and generally making a fool of myself :) I couldn't stop repeating over and over, "I can't believe they got back to us so quickly!.... I can't believe they approved us!" I'm pretty sure my sister thought I had lost my dang mind :) Eventually I explained to her what all the chaos was about and then SHE started laughing and being just as crazy :)
One of my all-time favorite memories....
So, pending a visit from a Social Worker (they treat it like an adoption), we will start all the meds soon and do the whole procedure in June.... Thank you all for the millions of prayers you have already sent up. Thank you for your support and love! We would appreciate one more favor... if a couple more shout-outs for everything to go well in June could be sent to our Heavenly Father, that would be swell :) Truly we are blessed...
(Cancun pics to come soon :)

10 comments:

Angie Judd said...

WOOOOHOOOOO! Soooooo happy for you guys!!!!!

The Matlocks said...

SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited and happy for you both! Keep us posted. I love to read your blog ;)

Sadie said...

So happy for you Shari! All my thought and prayers are going your way.

Teresa said...

Congrats to you guys! And so excited for you!! We sure hope and pray all goes well! Keep us posted, if you are up for it. You two will be awesome parents!

Lynda said...

I am so very happy for you Shari. You have waited for a long time and now your dreams will come true. We will keep our prayers going for you.

Lynda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

SO EXCITED for you guys... I hope it all goes well :) Our prayers are for you.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you!

deb sorensen said...

I heard about this months ago and you're just now informing us for real? where have you been!?! LOL that's so amazing. I'm very happy for you.

Tasha Stout said...

So excited for you guys! It's ok that you were acting crazy and screaming! As soon as I heard the awesome news, I started screaming too! So awesome!!!