Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

I always thought Mother's Day was a good time to remind us all that we should be grateful for the women in our lives (as I feel most Holidays are good reminders :). I never minded Mother's Day..... up until a couple of years ago. I won't go into the gory details, but that Sunday ended badly with me crying like a little baby in bed. I told Adam I didn't think I could handle another Mother's Day at church and I wasn't sure if I would ever be able to stomach the torture again (I might've been a little too close to the situation and forgot that time does pass :) So, any who, I was surprised when this Mother's Day crept up and I wasn't too emotionally distraught. I took a deep look and realized that the first time in 5 years we had progression on the 'fertility' issue, so that was probably why I didn't feel so crushed. The day went without a hitch (gotta see my dear mom and chat with a great mother-in-law :) and then Adam bought me this painting of Hannah and Samuel. I don't know if you can read the caption, but it says 'For This Child I Prayed'. My favorite ALL TIME PAINTING now :) Tears and all that were FINALLY of happiness and I felt such hope for the future.

7 comments:

tawnya said...

What a lovely gift. SO lovely. And, well, that Mother's Day a couple of years ago? That was when I truly knew we were going to be the best of friends. So, you know, something good came out of it! Mwah!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

that picture is awesome!! what a special gift :) I am so happy that things are looking up for you.

Lynda said...

That picture is beautiful and so appropriate. Your words touched me so deep. You made me tear up a bit.

Lora said...

Love that picture! And yeah, it kind of made me tear up a bit. So pulling for you guys!!

Tasha Stout said...

LOVE this picture and the thought behind it. Adam is so thoughtful and that it a beautiful picture for you two. So sweet!

Tonya Whipple said...

Oh, Two thumbs up, Adam! Good call; that's one of my favorite pics, too. So perfect for you guys, and I'm glad Mother's Day went better this year!

Trevor and Lisa said...

I had never seen that picture, but will be on the look out for it now. I think it needs a place in our home too. I know you know this, but your feelings and thoughts hit so close to home for me. I'm sorry that you ever had to endure those days, Mother's day has always been a difficult one for me, even now, I LOVE and appreciate the gift I have been given and at the same time I wish I could save my dear friends and family from that heartache. I will tell you this the harder the trial the sweeter the joy. IT WILL BE SO WORTH IT!!!!!! Love ya and we are praying for you too!