Friday, September 19, 2008

Being a teacher

So I stumble into work this morning thinking, "Wow! I'm so glad it's Friday!" I was trying to balance my breakfast, two textbooks, my keys, and papers I had graded the night before, when I looked down and saw a paper that had been pushed under the door. I bent down to pick it up and promptly dropped the granola bar, orange juice, and triscuits that had been balancing precariously. I flipped the paper over and read the words that made my morning and tears come to my eyes - "Dear Mrs. Crawford, you are the best teacher!" That is why I am a teacher. I absolutely love the students. They make everything worthwhile.

This year has been quite the adjustment, but I have loved my new school. I was afraid to leave my wonderful school down in Provo, but this school has been just as great! I was able to continue teaching 3rd grade and now I have an aide that does the work of 15 people! She is wonderful and I wonder "How did I do this last year without an aide?!"

Adam is doing really well in his Master's program (He is such a smart turkey! I wish I could get through school as easily as he does) A lot of doors are opening up and I can see how much he is loving all of it. He is really in his element when he can help the adults and children that are around him. I really do love seeing him so excited.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm sure all the kids love your crazy self. I'm glad things are going so well for you guys.

Miles Atkinson said...

I'm glad school is going well for you guys! Amanda and I miss you both. Hope things continue to go so well!