Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Grandma

So I had a wonderful and witty blog planned, with all sorts of details about the first couple weeks of school (from a teacher's point of view ;), our Labor Day weekend down in Alamo, NV, and even a wonderful barbeque we had with a high school friend, Sadie (Perkins) Lyman....... but then I got a phone call last night.

My Grandma Whipple died yesterday afternoon.... she was and is a truly amazing woman. She married my grandfather on the faith and belief that he was a strong man and would support her in this life and through the eternities. It was her strong example of getting up every Sunday and taking the kids to church that sparked his interest in the Church. If it wasn't for her, their family of 3 living children and 17 living grand children, wouldn't all be active members of the Church. I have always admired her poise and ability to stay calm (whenever an accident happened on the ranch, and there were A LOT, we all ran to her) These past few years have been harder on her, because of the effects a stroke had left on her. She was such a strong example of patience, even when she was frustrated with her slower speech and a walker to help her get around. I will miss her smile.....

I selfishly would like to see her one more time, but I know she is having a wonderful time with the several family members that have made it up there before her. I love her dearly and can't wait for the time when I will see her again.


The picture was at our Wedding. Her and my Grandpa Whipple are on the right side of the Photo.

4 comments:

Morgan Family said...

Shari, I'm so sorry about that news. That must be hard. I love you! On another note, I love your Wedding picture!

Angela said...

Obviously I didn't know her as well as you, but she was one of the nicest people around here. I'm sure she is having a fun ol' time reuniting with all her loved ones. If we could only imagine. . . .

Tasha Stout said...

All I can say to that is amen. She withstood all her trials with poise and perfection. She did have a hard time adjusting to life in the slow lane but she was an amazing example to us all.

Allie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma; I had no idea. She was a wonderful woman. I remember vividly all the times we would go to her house and she would tell us stories of her pioneer ancestors. I am sure that she will be greatly missed.