Sunday, December 14, 2008

Friends and Good Games

It has been years since I have sat down to a good game of Balderdash, but Sunday was the perfect excuse. Celeste Maloy, one of my friends from high school, was in town this weekend and we were able to have quite the jolly 'ole time lying our butts off! Celeste brought a couple of friends, combine Adam and I and my sister Tasha and her husband, and you have a great recipe for gut rumbling laughter. It was a great Sunday dinner and was wonderful to reminisce about the "good 'ole days".
I don't think I realized until Sunday that we graduated 10 years ago!! Since Adam and I are the same age, we are both hitting that magical 10 year mark and I wonder to myself "Where has all the time gone?" In so many ways I feel like it was just yesterday that we all stepped into that great, big, crazy world. But then again I don't even feel like the same person that received that diploma. I truly feel like my Heavenly Father has been guiding me through so many life events that I have started to change and develop into a completely different Shari.
I am truly grateful for my Father in Heaven/God and the love I feel from him during all trials and high spots in my life. I will forever be grateful for the pure knowledge I have in Him and His son Jesus Christ. I love this time of year and the time we can take to reflect on the Life of Christ. What a special time it can be.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so jealous. I haven't had a good game playin' night for a while - I'll have to do something about that.

Sadie said...

It is crazy that it's been 10 years! I feel like I have changed and matured so much too. I love game nighs!