Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas

This Christmas was a nice peaceful event with Adam's mom visiting us from sunny New Mexico. Bev. showed up Christmas Eve which kicked off our Christmas extravaganza! We had such a good time and we truly enjoyed the entire 3 days we were able to have with her. Christmas Eve found us driving around looking at Christmas lights, then curling up in front of the TV with a hot cup of coco to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" (That movie always makes me cry!) I might have gained a few years, but I still believe that night is so magical and it was really great to spend it with a few of the people I love.

Adam and I even felt a little mischievous as we were able to play Santa Clause and stuff all the stockings. In the middle of the scramble to be quiet and fill these little socks, I all of a sudden realized that I had gotten stocking stuffers for everyone but myself. I was a little bummed, but figured I really couldn't do anything about this, so I continued to dig around getting everything together. I grabbed my stocking to stuff an orange in it, and realized that Adam had slipped a present into my stocking while I had been gathering all of the candy! Seriously, could the guy be any sweeter?! I started to cry (realizing, once again, what a stinking great husband I have) and I'm sure Adam thought I had lost my marbles. It was just so cute that he remembered to get me a stocking stuffer, even when I was too scatter brained to remember myself.

So we woke up the next morning and had a great time opening our presents and generally just enjoying each other's company. Then we made our way into the kitchen and attempted to make our first Christmas Feast ever.... It was a wild success! I hate to brag, but this turkey turned out really soft and tender.

Adam had been marinating it for 12 hours in honey and salt (a recipe stolen from my dad;) Soooo good and I was actually pretty proud that we were able to pull it off! That night we had plans to go down to Salt Lake to see Temple Square and all of it's beautiful lights, but a storm socked us in up here and we changed our plans to include a movie. We went and saw "Marley and Me" and seriously cried our way through the movie! Yes, you are going to say we must be a bunch of pansies, but it is a must see movie if you have ever owned even one pet. While we were tearing up inside, outside it dropped another 8 inches of snow..... Geesh, we have had A LOT of snow! It's hard to complain though, because the snow pack was really low..... it helps us all in the summertime!

Anyway, the next day we went out and had a lot of fun taking pictures and enjoying the new white blanket that covered the whole valley. We then strolled along Main Street shopping and enjoying a local restaurant that is almost a hundred years old. We wrapped up the day with a rousing game of Dominoes and hot chocolate. We had such a wonderful time with Bev. Our time always goes too fast when we are with family and I hope she will come back again soon!

No comments: