Monday, June 15, 2009

The Bucket List

So I've been adding to this list for awhile (and I will continue to do so). Some of the things I have been able to cross off my list and so I will give them an honorable mention ;) Adam has agreed to cross at least one of these off my list every year or every other year...... we'll see how things go ;) Some will be easier than others and I DO (hopefully) have several years to do all of these ;)

To Do: (In no particular order)

1. Tour the Parthenon in Greece (For that matter, MUCH of Greece ;)

2. Ski in the Alps

3. Walk in Stonehenge

4. Go to a taping of the Price is Right

5. Walk in the Garden of Gethsemane and visit the Tomb

6. View the Grand Canyon (Yes, I know it's ridiculous that I have not seen that yet when I grew up within hours of the place ;)

7. Tour a real Pirate ship.

8. Go sky diving (but the closest I will probably get is one of those vertical wind tunnels. I HATE heights!! ;)

9. View the blue, blue waters of the Caribbean

10. Ride in a Hot Air Balloon (Reference #8 and realize I will be doing this clinging to Adam ;)

11. Walk on, and hopefully camp on the Great Wall of China.

12. View and tour the Pyramids

13. Participate in a marathon

14. Adopt a child (And NOT because all the weird stars are doing it right now ;)

15. Paint a real landscape picture.



Been able to do: (These have all been on my list for awhile)

1. Married my best friend ;)

2. Touched an iceberg

3. Toured the real Disneyland Castle in Spain!

4. Been to the location of the "Birth of the Renaissance"

5. Been through the Nauvoo Temple

6. Gone rock climbing

7. Gone white water rafting

8. Toured a village from an ancient civilization (Nothing makes you feel younger ;)

9. Been in 4 states at once

10. Enjoyed the cramped quarters of a Submarine ;)

11. Got kicked off a train in France/Monaco (Well, that might not have been on my original list, but I did feel like a rebel ;)


Quite a list to get done, but it will be fun checking them off one-by-one ;)

4 comments:

Sadie said...

I love Bucket Lists!! I have a running bucket list that I try to keep up on too.
P.S. Skydiving is really not that scary. Bungee jumping is scarier... I know that's hard to believe, but it's true. ;)

Miller Family said...

Loved the list!!!
I think we are going to have to star one too. Very good idea!

TPlayer said...

So I'm pretty sure I'll either be along for some of those rides or be able to assist you with a thing or two :) Stonehenge..EASY. i have England connections. Price is Right-a total blast, and quite the ordeal, but I'm glad I did it while Bob Barker was still there. Caribbean..I'm wanting to do a cruise. Holy Land...definitely want to go!! Hot Air Balloon-also on MY list. Participate in a marathon-does a volunteer/spectator count as participation? Where was the Disneyland castle in Spain? Other things on my list--Sound of Music Tour, go horse back riding, swim with dolphins and see whales in the wild

Zinser Photography said...

I also have quite the list. Running a marathon was one of the hardest ones to cross off. But very rewarding...in some ways. Incredibly sore muscles the next day isn't the best reward. But I am like you and plan to travel A LOT!