Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blizzard (And not the good kind from Dairy Queen ;)

Having grown up in Nevada, I have a certain expectation to how my seasons should unfold. To my utter amazement, THIS is what greeted me at the front door yesterday! WHAT?! It's only October!!! With several sighs and many groans, I headed out into the whiteness to earn a couple of dollars.
Speaking of work, I had quite the adventure today. We had barely lined up for morning greeting in the gym, when the other 3rd grade teacher ran up to me and told me one of my students was having a seizure. Talk about adrenaline rush! I tore across the room and saw that my amazing aide had her on her side already to make sure she wouldn't choke on her tongue. So, I took off across the school to have the office call her mom and get her back as soon as possible. The other 3rd grade teacher was amazing and took my class, so I could focus on this sweet, little girl. We then moved her into the office and kept her awake by chatting to her about her Halloween costume. I had to go back to class, but I was relieved when I heard her mom had showed up within a couple of minutes. Whew! What a way to start the day ;) Needless to say, it was a crazy start, but I was really grateful that everyone was okay. It's really great to work with such amazing people too. Another full day of hitting the curve balls that are thrown to you as a teacher ;)

6 comments:

Angela said...

um' yah, that would definitely suck!

Michelle said...

Good thing you are surrounded by amazing people and that you are one of them too! Good job sis. And we are loving the sunshine down here. Will be painting my doors outside today!!! Love ya

Harmony said...

As for the Blizzard, every year October comes and I'm surprised to see all the snow, and every year I say to myself, "WHAT THE HECK!" But, then, I remember that every year it happens... that's what we get for living here. Sigh.

Lynette said...

YUCKY SNOW!!! And HOLY SCARY about your student. Glad she's okay!

Miller Family said...

How nice!! I love the snow! Right now it would be great!! We are cooking here, its very hot and as humid as ever and with no ac is really hard to sleep at night.
Loved the pictures, very nice.

Lynda said...

I'm with you. I would prefer the Dairy Queen type. They are yummy. This kind, not so much.