Sunday, December 12, 2010

Whirlwind

Whirlwind is kind of an understatement. We've been ALL over the countryside the past couple of weeks having a ton of fun, but the blog has been neglected :) (Come to think of it, so has our house.... NO Christmas decorations are up yet.... HOPEFULLY tomorrow for Family Home Evening...)

To start everything off, we had a fantastic Thanksgiving at my parent's house in Nevada. The food was great and the warm 70 degree temperature was just right :) Unfortunately I had a terrible meeting right before the break, and I spent too much time crying over the long weekend. It has been a huge struggle for me to forgive some of the awful things that were said, but I've been able to pray a ton and see a few miracles come out of all this. Not what I had in mind when I prayed for 'growth' :)

After talking with a few people when we came back, I was able to clear up a few things and head out on our next adventure with a little less weight on my shoulders. For our 5th anniversary, we had talked about checking another item off of our 'Bucket List'. Going to a professional football game was that exciting item. Then we found out that a few cousins/best friends were going around the same time and that sounded even better! So, we headed down to Phoenix and watched the Cardinals play the Rams. Honestly, I was like a child on Christmas morning. I had never been to a professional game before and I was pleasantly surprised that it was almost like a carnival! SO much was going on at all times, that I would sometimes forget to watch the game :) Unfortunately I forgot the camera, but Scott and Deanna took a few and I'll post some of those when they catch up to the curve ball life has thrown at them recently.....

We rolled home late Monday night and have been slaving away ever since with 2 Christmas parties, Adam working until 10:00 a few nights and juggling Tithing Settlement, and ward conference thrown in there as well (Now you might be able to see why the Christmas deco hasn't made it up yet :) Like I said, 'Whirlwind'. With all of the craziness, we've felt a bit overwhelmed, but then we've been able to find small snatches of time together that have been priceless. Driving the 18 hour round trip from Phoenix or even driving down to Eden for Adam's Christmas party, has helped me 'recharge my Adam battery' :) Those little moments of stolen time are what keep us afloat. I'm so grateful to our Heavenly Father for this guy. Seriously, one amazing kid, and I appreciate his love and support through all the trials that get thrown at us. This past year has been difficult with all the health problems and trials, but Adam has always been so strong. Let's hope 2011 isn't as crazy :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Love ya guys! We are so grateful for all of the help that you gave us while you where down here. We are so happy and pleased with the wonderful men that our daughters have married. Of course our girls are brilliant! Thank you again! See ya soon!

Tasha Stout said...

We can hope it won't be so crazy, but I hear things get worse when you get older! I'm glad that you got to recharge your Adam battery... I love those precious moments when you can actually have a conversation with them without being interrupted!
p.s. you should post pictures of your new bedroom set!!!

Faiver and Andrea said...

I've never been to a professional football game either. I bet it was a blast! Glad that you got to have some fun amidst the crazy :) Love ya!