Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Results

So, after all those crazy procedures, we were FINALLY able to go get a pregnancy test done...... And we can officially announce our entrance into parental responsibility! We were SO excited to get a positive answer on the pregnancy test! 5 years and countless tears have set us up to be RIDICULOUSLY excited :)

We had barely digested that information before we headed into our first ultra sound (at 8 weeks) and found out that we would soon become a family of 4! TWINS! Adam was a little stressed out for a couple of days (you know how guys kick into providing mode :), but we honestly can't stop smiling about the whole thing. We are over-the-moon excited. SO many blessings....

Many people have asked me how I've been feeling, and honestly, I feel I'm doing pretty well. I'm WICKED nauseous all the time (but I haven't thrown up and can basically keep it under control if I eat regularly :), and SO tired, but I've known so many others that have been hospitalized that I feel pretty lucky. I've heard all symptoms can be compounded by multiple babies, so I figure that's why I've been so sleepy. I'll admit, I'm probably being a little bit like a wuss with the nausea, but tell me who DOES like to feel awful all the time? :) So, that's us in a nutshell. We're happy, sassy, and multiplying :)

14 comments:

tawnya said...

You know how happy I am for you. I love you!

Angela said...

Seriously, crying my eyes out because of how happy I am for you.

Lora said...

No one likes to be sick all the time. No one. I'm wussy right there with you! i can't believe you get twins! eeeeeee!!

Lynda said...

I don't think anyone alive likes nausea. I know I don't. I was severely nauseated with all of my children, except Ryan. I know that feeling and how glad you will be to put that part behind you. Just a little note. The reason I wasn't nauseated with Ryan was all because of B12. I don't know if it will work for you but it couldn't hurt to try it.

Faiver and Andrea said...

Oh my gosh!! That's so awesome!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. I know you're gonna be great parents. Twins! How exciting :) Sounds like you're doing well; you're right about the nausea...who likes it? But it's nice you haven't thrown up...I never did either. I love reading your posts and look forward to hearing all about it :) Love you and Adam!

Melinda said...

:) Soooo excited for you. Twins will be kind of crazy that first year but then so much fun after that because then they will have a built in playmate. Congratulations! and very cool that you are back in NV. Hugs!!!

Teresa said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! I love that it is twins! And don't worry, once the pregnancy is over (which I am sure you might remain super tired carrying two) you guys are going to be in baby heaven!! SO EXCITED!!

Unknown said...

Hurray!! I always told Ben that if we were to have twins I'd want it to be first because then I wouldn't know any better! But seriously, I just cried a little out of happiness for you!

Harmony said...

"happy, sassy, and multiplying"... that is awesome. You know I'm excited for you. SOOOOOOO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!!! I can't contain my happiness for you!!!!!! There aren't enough exclamation points int he world, and I wish I could bold these letters because I'm SO THRILLED! But you already knew that.

Happy vomiting :)

Tasha Stout said...

I'm so stinkin excited for you guys! The nausea part sucks, but then you start to feel better, and then you can't sleep because your stomach starts getting large!!! Oh well... the end result is the important part!!!

Sadie said...

LOVE!! So happy for you guys!

Kristi said...

Even with the sickness I never really mind being pregnant. I even kind of miss it some days. I am so happy for you guys. What a blessing!!

RussandHeidi said...

I already said congrats on FB, but I have to say it again!! I am so incredibly happy for you!! I just wish I was with you so I could give you a hug!!!

Tonya Whipple said...

I'm so excited for you two (you four!) I also love that my niece/nephew tally just doubled. Yeah! I'm going to spoil them rotten :)