Monday, September 12, 2011

Bladity Blah

Yup, I DON'T KNOW WHAT to blog about, so that has lead to the silence from this section of the blogging world.... Nothing too crazy is going on - just the regular everyday comings and goings.
- Adam is still working hard at C.O. Bastian High School as a group leader. We're PRAYING with all our heart that he gets another job that will HOPEFULLY open up at the same school. It's as a therapist and he'd be able to use his Master's Degree.... Fingers still crossed (we've been hoping and praying for about 4 months now, so we'd LOVE to see some progress on that :)
-As for me, I've been busy canning/bottling a variety of veggies and fruits, subbing at the local schools, and finding excuses to go to 'Vegas with my hubby :) After I passed the 12th and magical week of pregnancy, I want to live again and I have the energy to do a few projects a day. I never really had too bad of a 1st trimester (I didn't ever throw up or have excessive nausea), but I did struggle with being SO tired and wanting to do anything. I'm told that's normal, but you do start to feel lazy eventually :) I'm about to start my 16th week, and I don't even feel pregnant, except for the KILLER heartburn I have.... I'm starting to show a little bit (which is great to have SOME sign :), but it's not really an 'I look pregnant', its more of a 'Did you gain weight?' look :)
- Adam and I went to 'Vegas on Friday and bought a few Maternity clothes. SUCH a guilty pleasure. We don't have the dinero to blow too much money on pregnancy clothes (and I don't REALLY know how many other pregnancies I'll have), but really it was SO much fun. What girl doesn't want to look nice and fit into clothes while pregnant? Definitely a fun shopping expedition for a couple that didn't know if it would ever happen :)
- I have picked up a love for trying new recipes. I now have the time to experiment and I've found some fun recipes (a few from this blog). Shocking, I know, but I guess every girl can try new hobbies :) PLUS I love cooking with my mom and hubby.
- Is it weird that I PRAY for my siblings to come visit? They need to try some of these new recipes :) AND I miss them.
- We gave in and started watching the series Dr Who on Netflix. COMPLETELY cheesy, but oddly addicting....
- I ADORE this video. She's just SO passionate, it makes me want to cry....
Adele - Someone Like You (Live): Adele performs "Someone Like You" live at the 2011 VMAs.

That's all from us. I hope ya'll are having fun heading into autumn

9 comments:

Tasha Stout said...

I'm so glad to hear from you on your blog! I wish we could come visit too and we will! Next weekend! I am counting down the days til we get to go to the awesome baseball game! SO EXCITED!!!
I am also glad to hear you are feeling alive again. Those first weeks are rough! Love you!

tawnya said...

Hee! You're such a housewife... ;)

Kristi said...

I am glad that you are feeling better and that you have maternity clothes. Pregnant girls need to look cute too, even if you don't feel cute. I am pretty jealous that you get to live in Hiko. Lucky girl! Good luck to your hubby on getting the new job!

Sadie said...

yay! I love seeing an update on your blog. Maternity clothes are a MUST! It doesn't matter if it's your first, your last, or your 10th... they are a necessity. So glad you got some. I pray all the time for my siblings to visit. So wish it would happen. ;) Check out my food blog for some fun recipes. I've got some yummies on there. :) www.sadieskitchen.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wait, is Adam working at C.O. Bastian in Caliente? I remember my dad working there during the summers when we lived in Panaca. Glad to hear you're doing well. My advice on maternity clothes, invest in a good pair of jeans, and get some comfy dresses for the end because by then that was all I wanted to wear.

Lynda said...

I was glad to see you blogged. I, too, am glad you are feeling good. Enjoy this time, things alway change and this is a time you will look back on as a great time. Oh, and I LOVE Adele too.

Lora said...

I'm just as jealous as ever! But glad you are doing well. and jealous. did I mention jealous. the end.

RussandHeidi said...

I LOVE that performance by Adele too! Her voice is so beautiful! I just realized that I am about as far along as you are! I'm sure you will have you babes early since you are carrying twins. But I just thought that was fun that your little ones and my little one will be around the same age!! It sounds like you are doing well! Are you going to find out the gender of your babes? If so, let me know. I'd love to make you something!

Tonya Whipple said...

Augh! I want to visit you so bad! At least I'll see you this weekend in Logan, if nothing else. So happy for you and Adam right now! :)