Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Planetarium


This past week we had a field trip to the Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake and I had such a blast! We have been studying Astronomy in Science, so we decided to take the students on a field trip. The Clark Planetarium is connected to the Gateway mall (so it's super easy to get in and out of) and they showed a film that took you through the different planets in our solar system. It was great! You got to see each planet and "land" to see what each one is made of (One teacher was so excited, because she didn't know that Jupiter-through-Neptune were all gas planets! See we all get to learn!)


I have had so much fun this year with the different curriculum that we get to cover in third grade. I love this grade! The students are so respectful and we get to do more complicated projects, because their level of understanding is so high. I truly enjoy my job.

1 comment:

Sadie said...

You should go on Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader... I bet you could win since you are learning stuff every day with your students. ;)
I love the Clark Planetarium, we visit there at least twice a year. It is a lot of fun!