Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hogle Zoo




There is something about going to a zoo and it transporting you back to when you were a little kid. The sounds and excitement are so much fun! Mylah (my niece) turned 1 on Friday, so my sister Tasha planned a fun excursion to the Hogle Zoo. We all had a blast and I truly felt like I was an 8 year old again! You can't beat that feeling of youth and excitement. The whole day was made even better by being with so much family and so many friends! (We even got to see the long, lost Kalee Whipple! We hadn't seen her since before the NCAA tournament!)




Needless to say, the day was wonderful and I had a ton of fun. We wrapped up all the excitement by heading home and taking a nice long nap! But I then paid for it later, when I couldn't go to sleep until 5 o'clock in the morning! (Part of the blame for that can be put on the head of the Fablehaven book #3. That is one fantastic series!) I haven't stayed up that late in a very long time, and when our 8 o'clock church started; I was a little bleary eyed. I made it through and felt the spirit a ton, so I think today has been a success as well!

3 comments:

Tasha Stout said...

It was quite a blast wasn't it?! a little warm but over all a beautiful day! I'm so glad that you guys could come! It made me really happy to have you come!

Angela said...

I love the Zoo! I wish there was one closer to us - I would go as much as possible.

Lynette said...

I want to go to the zoo! How is miss Kaylee doing?