Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hope of America


To say this week has been busy would be an understatement! We have been running around like crazy, and I know it won't slow down until the end of year testing is over next week for my students. However, one of the cool things we had this week was a huge Hope of America program that took place this Tuesday. It's this huge Patriotic program that took place in the BYU Marriot Center and involved 7,000 students! Yes it was nuts! We had so much fun and my students did so well. I was really proud with how prepared they were and how well they did in front of a crowd of over 22,000. There were several different songs the whole group of students sang, but the last 3 songs our school's 3rd and 4th grades were on the floor performing. During the closing song, the lights went out and there was a flashlight show with all 7,000 students. It was so much fun and the whole performance was definitely a once in a lifetime event! (However, the late night and few hours of sleep on Tuesday were not fun!)


Adam also finished up his finals this past week, so his Bachelor's degree is only 2 summer classes away! YES!! Then it's off to grad. school in the wintery wonderland of Logan. We also found out today that Adam was also accepted to UNLV..... it took them 3 months to let us know and the information came in WAY to late, but I couldn't be more proud of my smarty pants husband! He was able to get into almost all of the Universities he applied to! (Thanks Bev. for handing on those brains!) So in a nut shell, this week has been chaos, but entertaining!






These goofballs are so funny! ;)













The light show with all 7,000 students

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Crazy Chicka, I didn't know you were a blogger. That Hope of America thing sounds pretty cool! Have a great day!

Sadie said...

Way neat!! I bet that was an incredible experience!

Lynette said...

That sounds too cool. So, I forgot that your cousin married an elder from my mission. I saw their blog on your page. It's so fun to catch up with people! Crazy small world!!