Wednesday, January 21, 2009

3rd Anniversary

So much happened over Christmas break, that I have struggled finding the desire to catch up on all of the details! But the one event that was really special was our 3rd Anniversary on the 29th of December. With the timing of our Anniversary, it's always an adventure to try and figure out what we can do within the boundaries of family Christmas celebrations and family New Year's celebrations. This year I called my Grandpa Whipple (AKA Mormon Mafia Boss! He always has a connection for someplace to stay ;) and asked him if he knew of any great deals or anyplace we could go. He ended up finding and then paying (the turkey!) for us to go to a timeshare in Mesquite, NV. I thought to myself "Mesquite?", but it ended up being a really nice place and it was really cool to get away for awhile and spend time catching up. For our special day ;), I bought Rock-Band to go with our WII for Adam. He absolutely loves it! I love it when I get him a present and he truly wants it. So anyway, we were able to play Rock-Band on our huge TV and generally just enjoy spending time with each other. Because of our busy schedules, we don't get to spend endless hours just being able to talk and play Rock-Band everyday!

I can't believe I have known this kid now for 4 years...... Being married to my best friend has been the greatest time in my life. I don't know what I have done in life to be by his side, but I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for bringing him into my life. He is truly my knight in shining armor AND he does the dishes;) I love this guy dearly and I look forward to the next 70 years and beyond.

4 comments:

Sadie said...

awwww.... too cute. Happy Late Anniversary!!

Teresa said...

Congtratulations and happy anniversary!

Angela said...

I'm glad you had a good one.

Liz Harnish said...

Hi Shari! Thanks for sharing your blog info. Hopefully this links you to ours, if not, its willieandliz.blogspot.com. It looks like you are doing well, congrats on your third anniversary!