Saturday, January 31, 2009

Adventures in January ;)

Nothing terribly fun or exciting has been going on these past couple of weeks, and so I ask myself, "Why would anyone even WANT me to blog?" ;) We have been pretty uneventful around here, but a lot of really weird things have happened.....

The first one being a death at Adam's school. He does his practicum work down in Brigham City each week with one day at an elementary school and one day at a middle school. His week was going along just fine and we were enjoying a ballgame of Kalee's, when he got a phone call telling him one of his students had been killed. Talk about a shock! How can you prepare for something like that? The boy was 13 and there was an accident with a gun..... Adam was then dealing with group therapy for the next week. His practicum advisor said he was amazing and I could only agree with her. Adam was able to help and give advice to over 100 students. He has such a compassionate heart and has had to deal with a variety of tragedies in his life, so he is truly able to understand their shock and pain.

Another random moment came in the form of a wedding. Is it weird to explain that I went "to my grandfather's wedding?" Well it was weird to say! But the event really turned out great and I was happy to see him smile again. He had been so torn up since my grandmother had died that it was nice to see him so happy. He was able to marry one of my grandma's best friends (before my grandma died, she told him to remarry and that he should look at her friend Gail). Well, 6 months later we are sitting at their wedding ;) They've known each other for 75 years, so I don't think there will be any skeleton's in the closet ;) I am glad he is able to joke around again and find such happiness.

There were a million other little adventures, but I won't jump into each and every one. Needless to say, our family is never boring! We have had a lot of events, but a lot of blessings have come our way as well. I have been reminded again, however, that this life is so short. It makes one stop and think about the important things.... To find the happiness in the blessings our Heavenly Father sends to us. I am so grateful for my life and the people I get to share it with. Thank you to all those who have influenced my life with so much good! I love you dearly (you know who you are ;)

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

hey shari and adam.
sounds like you guys are doing well.
i can only imagine how weird it must have been to go to grandpas wedding but it has already been a good thing from what i hear. we hope that all goes very well for the two of you in 2009.
the kids loved your comment. they are always excited to hear from anybody back home.

love clinton and danielle

p.s.
this is clinton writing this

Angela said...

Glad things are going good. Its funny the things that happen to make us realize how blessed we are.