Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's

Any holiday in our household, has to be discussed and planned out before any plans are set in motion. During our first year of marriage, we stumbled around trying to figure out what the other one had experienced the first 25 years of their lives. ;) So we decided we would set budgets and go from there. (Yes, very practical and boring, but it has helped us enjoy every holiday! No disappointment when the holiday does arrive. Especially when my crazy husband is not a fan of the Easter Bunny! Seriously, isn't that Un-American or something?;)

So, this Valentines Day weekend started out fairly regular with us getting up before work and wishing each other a "Happy Valentines Day." I went to school as happy as a kid on Christmas morning, because there was the class party that afternoon. I honestly feel like such a little kid during these school parties! How can you not feel their excitement? I always feel so special receiving those cute little valentines, and having them give me a huge hug! I truly enjoy the parties! So anyway, I was in the middle of the class party, and I heard some students start squealing. I looked up, and in walks my adorable husband with the biggest balloon I have ever seen! It seriously was hard for him to walk through the door! It was so sweet to see him walking into the classroom with the balloon and flowers, and to hear the students go wild! I turned bright red and was teased about that for 10 minutes.

The next day, we were able to have a totally chill morning followed by a nice lunch at our favorite restaurant (Iggy's is the place to go people;) We then got to go to a friend's house for a really great dinner, which ended a perfect day. I know that holidays like this stress the guys out, but how can you not like a holiday that helps you to remember how much you love each other? (Granted it's not that fun when you are alone.... ;) All in all, a wonderful and relaxing day.

2 comments:

Sadie said...

awwww.... what a sweetheart! I always help with Maddey's class parties because it's so much fun! I can imagine that being a teacher getting all those cute valentine's would be more than delightful to say the least!

Amanda and Miles said...

That is so cool! I can imagine it being a lot of fun being around kids on the holidays. How's Adam doing in classes? We are almost off to grad school.