Friday, April 9, 2010

Birthday Surprise

My Birthday was on Saturday this year, so Adam planned a "big-secret surprise" that required a Friday off of school. Darn it. ;) The only hint he gave me was that it was in Ogden..... So we arrived HERE!!!! I was REALLY excited!!! He kept asking me if I was nervous, but I honestly didn't have any reservations. I just jumped right in and floated around ;) The only worry I had was if I would be able to breathe in the wind tunnel. No problems with that all! For some reason the wind doesn't affect your breathing. It was a surreal experience and I LOVED every minute of it!

















I LOVED the surprise and I thought it was a great start to my "Birthday Weekend" ;) The next day was my 29th birthday..... Gulp! I wasn't looking forward to this step towards the big 3 0..... But it started out great and events later in the afternoon made me forget all about my concerns with aging.... It all started with an Easter egg. My family has a tradition that involves a mad dash to Easter eggs and the potential prizes they can get for you ;) It was the adult egg hunt, and we were all acting like crazy 2 year olds. The very first egg I bent down for, caused me to start gasping for air! In some crazy alignment of the stars, I had sprained my 'stabilizer muscles'. I had never been in so much pain in my life! The pain was shooting everywhere in my body, but was originating from my low back. After tons of help from amazing family, friends and chiropractors, I now want to live ;) It will take 4-6 weeks for me to feel 100%, but I have improved to the point that I can walk on my own now and even shower myself again. I couldn't stabilize myself which meant I couldn't sit up or stand up without those muscles going beserk.... Did I mention it was painful? ;) Needless to say, I was no longer worried about what age I was. I did think it was ironic that my body wanted to rub it in that I was getting older ;) Here's to wishing for many more (less painful) birthdays!!!

10 comments:

The Matlocks said...

That looks like so much fun! Glad you had a great birthday...minus the injury of course :)

Lynette said...

What a great surprise!! That looks like a blast.
Sorry to hear about your back...not fun at all!
Happy Late Birthday!

Ludwig Family Randomness said...

What a fun hubby! I am glad that you had such a fun surprise:)
So sorry about the ouchie back! Hopefull you are feeling great soon.
Happy super late Birthday wishes

Lora said...

Shari I'm so sorry! What a devilish little trick the fates played on you! But I'm glad you did the in-door skydiving first. Looked like so much fun!! Glad you are up on your feet again.

Angela said...

That looks awesome. Sorry to hear about your injury - hopefully you heal fast!

Trevor and Lisa said...

I have always wanted to try the skydiving!! It looks SO fun and you don't have to worry about falling to your death! Sorry to hear about your back, I didn't know Easter egg hunting could be so dangerous!! :)

Michelle said...

That dang Easter Bunny!!! Glad you made it back to Logan okay. Have a great week!

Zinser Photography said...

so glad that you had the fun surprise BEFORE the aches and pains. So glad that you were born and that we became friends.

Tasha Stout said...

That looks so cool! I am happy your back is getting better. The body goes to crap after 28 it seems!

Amie Jo said...

I didn't know you did that! so much fun! there is a place in vegas for that too, Kelly and I have talked about it but you know how often he likes to leave the farm...at least you got the surprise first.