Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I know.....

I know we're boring and haven't posted for awhile, but we haven't had anything "post worthy" happening around here. Don't get me wrong, we've been so busy I've wanted to pull my hair out, but who wants to blog about that? :)

I've been finishing up this school year (tomorrow is the last day!!!! :), and I just shake my head and wonder where the year went? It seriously feels like March, so I haven't been getting too excited about the last day of school. It didn't hit me until today when we were taking things off the walls and packing everything up. We also don't have any crazy plans this summer, so it's weird to feel so relaxed about the coming months (I might be able to go to Ireland/England in September, so there is that to look forward to :) I always hate ending a school year, though. Some teachers might disagree with me, but it's hard to start over with a new class. I swear, I just get them trained and I just figure out all their little personalities, and they move on to 4th grade, ripping your heart out. Go figure.

Adam has been madly studying for his Clinical Exam that he has tomorrow, which pretty much determines when he can start his job. I have loads of confidence in him, but we're still praying like crazy that he'll do well (you have to cover all bases, right?) It's wicked hard and expensive, so we'll be glad to have that behind us.

Besides work, studying, church activities, family time, friend time, and doctor's appointments, it's pretty calm around here :) Anybody else think May is ridiculously busy?

5 comments:

tawnya said...

Ugh. I remember Isaac having to pass boards VERY well. We were certain he would ace them (he did!) but we did know someone who kept failing and, therefore, not getting his license. Nerve wracking!

Lora said...

Yes, May has been exceptionally busy here as well. not just with the move though, work has been a bit crazy too which really kind of stinks because May used to be the one dead month of the catering world on campus. No classes, no professors, no one needs food which means no one really needs to be there to take orders for it. not so this time around... grr.

Word verification: ragrants. rants over rags... I find it fitting.

Trevor and Lisa said...

I agree, the end of the year was very hard. I felt the same way about my students and hated to have to say good bye to my class. Enjoy a relaxing summer!

Jeff and Natalie Perez said...

May, June, July, August all entirely tooo busy! Summer is suppose to be a time to relax, but I don't relax until after Labor Day!!

Melinda said...

May is always crazy in Las Vegas because it is usually nice weather so every weekend something is going on. Also my youngest sister tied the knot on May 1st. I understand the saying goodbye to your class thing. Especially with little kids and then you feel like, Aww crap now I have to start all over with the next group. I'm glad you have the summer to relax though, that should feel great. Also enjoy as many trips as you can cause once you have kids they will be few and far between.