Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Let There be Fish

There's been an inside joke between Adam and I about our ability to keep things alive. We always have good intentions, but every plant that has entered this house alive, has left in a trash can. We've often laughed that maybe THAT'S why we don't have kids yet; They wouldn't make it a week :) But we decided we needed to 'dig a little deeper' and see if we could keep an animal alive. So, we got fish. Easy, right? The experts at Petsmart gave us a HUGE list of things that needed to be done before we could even get our hands on a scaly little friend. We followed everything to the letter. And the first night we had a casualty.... We relied on their 2 week guarantee and had to exchange one little body. I felt like such a criminal when I went into the store for the exchange! But since this little hiccup, we've been able keep all our little ones alive (We had a little scare yesterday involving too much sunlight, but everyone made it through the night :) Phew!


We bought this side table for the tank, and I LOVE it!

7 comments:

tawnya said...

Kids are WAY easier to keep alive...

Angela said...

I HATE fish - Aaron wants a tank so bad and I have to keep saying no. Kudos to you for keeping them afloat though

Lynda said...

I'm with Angela on this one. I have had fish before and it seemed the tank needed cleaning way too often. I think they are higher maintenance than kids. You also have to be very careful to feed them enough but not too much.

Harmony said...

Fun stuff! I know how you feel about keeping things alive. Once I killed a cactus.

Hilary said...

Just when I was wondering about your fish, I found your blog!

The tank looks marvelous, especially on your cute new table. Love it. I think everyone has at least one casualty in the beginning :)

Kinsey said...

We've never had any luck with fish. So you're doing better than us.

Melinda said...

I always got sick of cleaning the tank. Just wait till your fish have babies!! That will be even more fun. :)