Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Life and its schedule

I feel like we have been running around like crazy people these past couple of weeks, but it wouldn't be that interesting to blog about ;) I had a surprise phone call from our Bishop a couple of weeks ago, and as a result I was called to be the 1st counselor in our Relief Society Presidency. That really hopped up the busy factor ;) Adam laughed and thought it was funny, but then he just received a phone call from the Ward Clerk yesterday and will find out tomorrow what he has been targeted for ;) I figured it was pay back!

We were then able to spend our Thanksgiving Holiday down in Carlsbad, New Mexico with Adam's family. Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE my Mother-in-law? SUPER great lady and I really enjoyed the time we had with her. While there we were able to take a trip into the Carlsbad Caverns National Park and took a million pictures that I will post later. Then it was back to reality and the crazy schedule once again.......

I looked at the calendar today and realized it was only 2 1/2 weeks until we could escape down to Alamo and my family..... I have been a little homesick lately so I'm looking forward to that journey!

I was given the biggest compliment today..... I have a coworker that I chat with a lot about the different trials in life and especially the difficult time we have had in starting our family. She said she was so proud of how unbitter Adam and I were with the whole process these past 3 years, because her daughter had started to get really mean and cynical. How can you not cry from that comment? About 8 months ago, Adam and I decided we would start looking at the blessings that were coming in and not focusing on those that weren't. I also changed my prayers from "Please let me get pregnant" to "Help me deal with the pain..... Help me grow." It has been amazing to feel the comfort and strength we have received the last several months..... By focusing on the blessings, we've really been able to notice the presence of our Heavenly Father. He guides us every day and it's been so great to see the millions of other blessings in our lives..... I feel so loved ;) I've also been able to notice changes within myself and figured I must be headed in the right direction.... Always forward, right?

I have another 2 meetings tonight, so I better take off.... I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and know that we love you!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks sis for helping me to focus on what is right and not on what is wrong. You are awesome and that is why I have a hard time without you near and why you need to GET DOWN HERE ASAP!!!!! Love ya guys

Angela said...

You inspire me my friend. I LOVE YOU TONS!!

Trevor and Lisa said...

Okay, I was blog stocking and ran across yours from Tasha's. I don't know if you knew this but it took me 5 LONG years and LOTS of medical help to finally get my little boy here. I can truly say that I understand your pain. You are so right to focus on the wonderful blessings that you have. I know that our Heavenly Father does love us and has a wonderful life in store for each of us. It is his plan and will make sense once you finally get let in on it! You are a wonderful woman and you will grow so much from this experience. If you ever have any quetions or would like to talk to someone that can relate, I'm always here. Sorry about the book, it was just suppose to be a comment!

Lynda said...

Don't give up and cudos to you for your attitude. I do know that you are a special person and you will have all the blessings that you want and deserve. The timing is not always ours, but afterwards you will see it more clearly. I guess the best advice I can think of is "Forget yourself and go to work." (from Pres. Hinckley's father) Love ya

Harmony said...

Oh, a sob sob for my friend Shari :) and the love and hugs surround you! You ARE amazing girl, and you have such a great attitude. I think for some people it's just easier to get mad about it, but you're absolutely awesome to think about the positive. You have been so blessed, and further blessings will come... I know they will. But that doesn't mean it's not hard. I pray for you as people prayed for me. Miracles happen, and one will happen for you. Awww. I heart you.

RussandHeidi said...

oh Shari I miss you!! I hope you are doing well!!