Monday, January 18, 2010

Bumps

Life is good. TONS of blessings. Job is going well. Adam is cruising through his semester. Just cleaned the entire house, so I was productive.

And the only overwhelming feeling I have today is discouragement...... I have so many blessings and yet my heart breaks for my brother right now. He's a fantastic kid, but called us last night and told us that his dream of going on a mission will not happen. While he sobbed through his explanation, all I could think was "But, I still love you." I wonder if that is how God feels? Does he watch us make choices and then when we collapse in front of him sobbing, he says "But, I still love you" ? Does he want to hold us like I did for my brother last night, even though he was hundreds of miles away? Because I have complete faith in my Heavenly Father's love, I dare say he does. Which kind of helps the sad funk I am in today.....

7 comments:

Angela said...

I love you Shari! Let me know when you have the procedure :)

Tasha Stout said...

That was a rough night. Thanks for putting that perspective out there for me. I was having a hard time with it. I still love him even though I want to knock his head against a wall.

Sadie said...

Love you Shari. It's great that you can keep such wonderful perspective. I'm positive that all of your siblings look up to you in so many ways.

Lynette said...

So know what you are talking about. What a great perspective. I only hope I can keep it when I am the actual parent and not the sibling:)

Michelle said...

thanks sis for helping me. you have really helped to heal the hurt. I still love him too although it is still hard when I am mourning the death of a hope and dream. I do think that a good smack of the head might help followed by a huge hug.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zinser Photography said...

I think you are exactly right. I can't imagine the frustration Heavenly Father feels watching us trip over ourselves. At least you are able to keep some positivity. {subject change} How is the Happiness Experiment coming for you?