Friday, January 1, 2010

Stuff and Anniversary

This past year my family was able to align schedules, and we were all able to gather in Nevada for Christmas! I was super excited and looked forward to Christmas like a little child ;) We had such a great time catching up, spending time shopping and generally eating too much..... I do love the holidays! ;) Christmas morning was really great with a little niece and nephew LOVING Christmas, Santa, and all the excitement.... my overall sentiment of the whole Holiday was peace and relaxation. EXACTLY what we needed after the craziness of the last couple of months.


















Right after Christmas, on the 29th, fell our 4th Anniversary. LOVE IT! It was Adam's turn to plan the festivities, and he did a marvelous job ;) One thing we agreed on years ago was that our Anniversary would NOT just randomly get squished between Christmas and New Years...... I still wanted it to be important. So, Adam took me to the Cheesecake Factory! I do love this man. I have been craving their fabulous food/dessert for a couple of months. We did some shopping and then headed to the temple.... a perfect way to remember our wedding day. Loved the day and REALLY love the man and all his quirkiness ;)

Then came New Year's Eve.... How is it possible 2009 has already gone by? Wicked fast year, but I find it interesting that almost everyone I talk to seems to be glad it is gone.... Poor 2009. The unwanted year ;) I have mixed feelings about '09....I have learned a lot about myself and growth has been great, but some of it has been painful and is something I'm okay leaving behind in the dusty file labeled 2009.... I guess that's the novelty of a new year, the unexpected possibilities that are waiting around the corner. With Adam graduating with his Master's Degree and a great Dr, I can't wait to see what will be in store for us

7 comments:

Angela said...

I feel bad for 09 too - I didn't think it was all that bad; at least not for us. It was good seeing you and be sure to keep me posted on the future procedures ;)

Sadie said...

It does seem like 2009 was hated and detested... I'm one of the few that did have an enjoyable 09. Sadly to say I think 09 will be much better than 10 but that's just cause I"m losing a husband. ;)
Your anniversary sounded great. I think it's important to do fun things and not forget about that special day. Too many people let it slide by.
I hope 2010 brings great surprises and fun for you!

Harmony said...

Mmmmm, Cheesecake Factory.... mmmm... I didn't know you were a December wedding! So were we! Wahoo for us!!

Carolina said...

sounds exciting. I'm glad you had such a nice ending and beginning of the year! You two are so great :) I agree 2009 has been such a mixed year of growth and trial. It'll be good to see what 2010 brings :) Love you very much. Happy New Year to you! xoxo

Miller Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miller Family said...

We loved to read your posts and know a little bit of what is going on w/ you guys! Loved the Wicked fast year comment, and We have to agree w/ you. We were so busy in December that we didn't even had time to enjoy Christmas. And when the end of the year came we were glad;last year wasn't as good as we expected!But now that 2010 started w/ so many disasters we decided that last year wasn't so bad!Here in Brazil lots of people were killed by floods on the 1st of the year,and now Haiti,it just keeps getting better & better. It makes us feel very thankful for what we have.But anyway;So you were home for Christmas! We are jealous! Well we can't complain about New Years it was alot better here than at home, but we did miss Christmas at home.
We hope everything is great for you two this year!

Miller Family said...

Wait a minute!! Were are the Christmas pictures!! We keep asking everyone to send us pictures but you now them!! So since you have a blog maybe you can post some! How is grandpa? We call his house some times but he is never there!