Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

A huge mouthful, right? LOVED this book written by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. It's an interesting read because the entire book is made up of letters written to the characters, but man is it written well. For the first time in awhile, I read a book and FELL IN LOVE with the characters..... You actually feel like you know them and understand the difficulties they felt during World War II. They are sarcastic and just plain real. Some have become my heroes.... A sure sign of a great author. Find it.

4 comments:

Angela said...

READING IT! Aaron (I mean Santa) left it in my stocking. I too am really digging it.

Lynda said...

I'll have to get it.

Unknown said...

I just finished that for our Relief Society Book Club! It was wonderful. Funny thing, the sister in charge of our book club (Kasia Gustaveson) is really good friends with some Whipple's from Hiko. You brother I think, actually.

Harmony said...

I think this is next in my long list of books to read. Thanks for the reccomendadtion!