Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nope, life's not fair

So, I've been thinking lately that the old adage is true "Life's not fair." We don't get everything the neighbor has and we don't get it right this minute. No matter how hard we rail against life or shake our fists at the heavens, many facts in life stay the same..... No matter how hard you want to find Mr. Right, or when you think you should be able to have children, or even if you desperately want a loved one back for "just one day", it doesn't happen in our time. AND THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!

But then I think to myself "What, or better Who, would I be if I received everything I wanted? Would I care about anyone else? Would I feel empathy or be able to relate to their situation? Would I even look outside my own narrow view and lift others up? No, I don't think it would happen..... Which does make me grateful for trials..... They help us reach out. Look past ourselves. Even when our own hearts break, we are able to see through the pain and connect with those family members and friends that we are all privileged to know.

This past month we started the medical side of receiving help with starting our family. To be brief, it didn't work. There's always next month, and yes, we believe the Lord is in charge, but does that erase the pain? Nope. Does that mean I'm smiling through every step of this whole ordeal? Nope. As I said, "Life isn't fair", but in the long run, I'll be okay with that. Right now the pain is intense and at times sneaks up on me, but I'm able to take things one step at a time, one day at a time. And that's all the Lord asks of us.

12 comments:

tawnya said...

Shari, I'm so sorry. Being the adult and knowing life isn't fair doesn't make it easy. We should go out for dessert! That, we can always do...

Angela said...

I love you girl - hang in there!

Lynda said...

I am so sorry for your pain. But you said all of that so well. Keep your chin up. We are all on your side rooting for you.

Kristi said...

I am pretty impressed with how well you said that. I am sorry that you have to go through this, life really isn't fair. I don't think you would be normal if you could smile through the whole thing, it is ok to feel bad about things that hurt.

Michelle said...

My arms are around you and really will be in a few days. Just know that our prayers and love are with you every day. Love ya lots kiddo!

Tasha Stout said...

Love you girl. It will work. Just keep the faith.

Therol's Life!!!!!!!!!!! said...

Hang in there my sweet amazing friend. The Lord knows you and loves you SO MUCH!! That he knows the plan for you, we just don't. You got an amazing family waiting for you to come to this earth. Your Grandma is just getting them trained for you!! Love ya and hang in there. Remember I am a phone call away.

TPlayer said...

I love you! I was thinking about this exact thing last night at the temple. Thanks for keeping it real.

Faiver and Andrea said...

good points! I love reading your blog :)

Zinser Photography said...

Just wanted you to know that you are so amazing. Just keep thinking positive. The power of positive thinking is so real. And incredibly powerful. I love you, Sharice.

Lynette said...

You have such a great outlook. Even though it doesn't always feel like a positive outlook. Hang in there. I love how you summed it up...what kind of a person would you be? The Lord is refining you for something amazing {not that makes it easy} You are such a great example. And one day, your kids will have the best mother possible-you!

Lora said...

Shari, I'm a horrid blog friend, and I'm sorry it took so long to read this finally, but I truely feel your pain. Feel free to scream at the world because it really does make you feel better. chocolate helps too, but only so much. Friends help best. I can always give a listening ear.