Monday, February 22, 2010

I HEART the Olympics

I was one of those geeky kids that would run around the living room, firmly believing I was sailing across the ice or vaulting on a twisted ankle and obtaining that perfect 10. I have always been OBSESSED with each event and every revered champion. I don't care if it is the Summer or the Winter Olympics, if they are in our time zone, or if everything is across the world. Every 2 years, my TV does NOT change from the NBC stations and I'll be watching even if it is 3am. Yes, crazy. I know.

Luckily, my BFF I married is just as obsessed! It surely was destiny ;) We could tell you all sorts of facts and statistics about any event and any contender. Funny enough, Adam has really started to get into Curling (I told you we watch EVERY event ;) It is SO funny to see us cheering for these sports we don't follow the other 1,461 days between Olympic ceremonies. We have been in heaven the past 11 days, and I will be a sad girl when that flame goes out this Friday...... However, maybe I'll be able to get the Olympic theme song out of my head ;)

5 comments:

Miles Atkinson said...

Not nerdy, Shari! More like awesome. My daughter (3) runs around the room and competes. So far, she has mastered moguls, short track and various ice dancing/figure skating. More than once she has said "I want to do that" while watching figure skating. I love the olympics too, but I had forgotten that they can give really young kids amazing dreams.

So, not nerdy, but awesome!

Angela said...

We watch it too - love to see all the best in the world competing.

Lynda said...

I hear you. I am the same way. And I am not nerdy. So neither are you. I knew we had a lot in common.

Harmony said...

oooh! oooooooh! oooooooooooooooooh! I was lucky enough to be a volunteer in the Salt Lake 2002 Olympics and it was the COOLEST most INCREDIBLE 2 weeks of my life! So amazing to feel that Olympics Spirit! Unfortunately, though, I don't have an olympic-crazed husband, adn we don't have tv service = no Olympics for me.

Ludwig Family Randomness said...

We love it at our house too! My husband always laughs at me because I will go one step further and say Hannah (she is 3)is going to win olymoic gold in volleyball, or maybe swimming, or any other sport and then my sweet husband brings me back down to earth by reminding me that we are short people by nature and so I am set on the trampoline event now. I love the olympics :)