Friday, February 19, 2010

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat

One of my students is really excited about the theater and was recently involved in a production of Joseph
and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. The parents asked if Adam and I would like tickets and I quickly agreed. I hadn't seen the play in 12 years, but I remembered it was pretty good. I had forgotten how good. I LOVED the play! It was SO funny! I especially liked how this theater had added different local sayings to the dialogue (a couple of advertising quotes and of course the good guys were wearing Aggie Blue ;) I had such a great time.

Is it weird that I had an Epiphany in the middle? Sometimes things just hit me at the most random times, and I'm pretty sure Adam thought I had lost my mind since I was crying during a "non mushy" part ;) It was during a song that Joseph was singing right before the Intermission. He had just been thrown into jail after the whole Potipher incident. I realized he didn't know where his life was headed. He had lost everything. Again. Yet he still had faith in his God. So, I started thinking about all the famous people in the Bible and History. Anybody that came to mind, had their trials and through their darkest moments, they did not know how things would turn out. I'm sure they had doubts. They didn't even know if they would have a happy ending or not. But in the end, God had it all under control. It helped me realize that even in our darkest moments, our Heavenly Father will have everything taken care of. I heard a great quote the other day,"Don't worry about tomorrow, because God is already there." I find great comfort knowing that we're all in good hands.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

No, you are not weird. That is how we learn. Kudos to you for listening to what you were meant to learn. And yes, I agree with all you said. And I love that play too. I would go any chance I had.

Sadie said...

Poor, poor Joseph, what ya gonna do?
Love that play! And I love that you are so tuned to the spirit that you can receive inspiration anywhere. That's how it's supposed to be. You are such a great example Shari! Love ya!

TPlayer said...

"Close every door to me"...great song. This is the musical I credit for helping me fall in love with musicals. I listened to/saw this show with my family growing up a lot! (I'm pretty sure it's the only musical my Dad and brothers gladly have seen). Anyway..."For we know we shall find, our own peace of mind, for we have been promised, a land of our own." It's totally true!- We've been promised a lot of things, and in THAT we can find peace of mind! Love yoU!

Harmony said...

I love that play too! And of course you're not weird! And, that's a great reminder to us all.